Practice Areas

New Jersey Personal Injury

When you are hurt as the result of someone else’s negligence, then you have been a victim of personal injury. Personal injury is a legal term used to describe all bodily and emotional damage a person may suffer. If you suffered a personal injury because another party behaved carelessly or recklessly, then you may be entitled to compensation.

If you have been hurt do to the negligence of another, contact us today at (732) 514-6635 to speak with an attorney about your situation.

What is Negligence?

In order to determine whether or not you will be able to make a successful personal injury case, you need to understand the concept of negligence. If your injury was caused by another party’s negligence, then you may have a valid claim.
Negligence is most generally described as acting in a careless manner, such that another individual or party is harmed as a result. We all owe other people a duty of care, meaning that we should act in safe and reasonably careful ways. A breach of this duty is considered to be negligence.

Types of Damages

In a successful personal injury case, you may be awarded damages, or monetary compensation. There are two main types of damages that may be won – compensatory and punitive damages.

Compensatory damages are awarded in order to directly compensate you for your losses. Typically, compensation for medical bills, lost wages, damaged property, and pain and suffering are included.

Punitive damages, on the other hand, serve the purpose of punishing the offender and deterring him or her from taking the same line of action in the future.

If you have suffered a personal injury, then you likely have the right to claim damages. Contact THE LAW OFFICES OF GREGG A. WILLIAMS today at (732) 514-6635 to find out more about your rights.

Contact Us

If you have suffered a personal injury from another party’s negligence or malicious intentions, then you may have the right to claim damages for your suffering. Contact THE LAW OFFICES OF GREGG A. WILLIAMS at (732) 514-6635 or