How to Best Protect your Legal Rights If you suffer a job-related injury or accident

How to Best Protect your Legal Rights If you suffer a job-related injury

File an Accident Report

It is best to report any accident in which you’re involved on the job, whether or not you believe you’re injured. Filing an incident report immediately protects you if you don’t experience symptoms until weeks or even months after the accident.

Consult a Doctor

It is best to see a doctor as soon as possible following an accident at work. Immediately after the accident, you should ask your employer for medical treatment or to go to the emergency room. You should also ask your employer if they require you to see a certain doctor or if you can choose which doctor to go to.

Report Injuries as Soon as Possible

It is up to your employer to file a workers’ compensation claim with their insurance company on your behalf. They won’t know to do this until you let them know you are injured.

If you reported the accident, but didn’t know you were injured at the time, let your employer know as soon as you discover your injury. Follow up to make sure that a workers’ compensation claim is filed. You are entitled to a copy of the workers’ compensation claim filed by your employer.

Consult a Workers’ Compensation Attorney

Prior to filing a claim, it’s best to consult with an attorney who has experience handling workers’ compensation claims. An initial consultation is free and can help you determine what benefits you might be entitled to receive.  If you are injured at work call the Law Offices of Gregg Williams to speak to one of our workers compensation attorneys today. 

Posted in

Gregg Williams