Posted on

What are YOUR RIGHTS AS A PASSENGER in a Motor Vehicle Accident

  • File a Claim against the Driver’s Insurance

If the driver who was driving the vehicle that you were a passenger in were at least in part at fault for causing the motor vehicle accident, you have the legal right to file the claim against the driver’s insurance policy. This allows the passenger to receive financial compensation for the injuries that he or she incurred in the accident.

  • Filing a Claim against the Other Driver’s Insurance

If the other driver is at fault, you can pursue a claim against the other driver’s insurance coverage.  If that other driver is partially at fault then you can pursue a claim against both his insurance and the insurance carrier of the vehicle in which you occupied.  

  • Through your own insurance for uninsured or uninsured motorist coverage

If the at fault driver or drivers are uninsured or underinsured to compensate you for your injuries, then you have the right to file a claim against your own insurance company.  If this is for underinsured motorist coverage, then this claim would be in addition to claims brought against one or both at fault drivers.   For a more detailed discussion of your underinsured and underinsured motorist coverage see our blog dedicated to this topic.  As well as contact us at 732-514-6635. 

  • Contact a Certified Civil Trial Attorney Today!

If you were injured as a passenger in a automobile accident, contact us for a consultation to find out which legal options may be available to you after your accident. We will review your claim during a free, no obligation consultation to help you find out if may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party.

Posted on

How to Best Protect your Legal Rights If you suffer a job-related injury or accident

How to Best Protect your Legal Rights If you suffer a job-related injury

File an Accident Report

It is best to report any accident in which you’re involved on the job, whether or not you believe you’re injured. Filing an incident report immediately protects you if you don’t experience symptoms until weeks or even months after the accident.

Consult a Doctor

It is best to see a doctor as soon as possible following an accident at work. Immediately after the accident, you should ask your employer for medical treatment or to go to the emergency room. You should also ask your employer if they require you to see a certain doctor or if you can choose which doctor to go to.

Report Injuries as Soon as Possible

It is up to your employer to file a workers’ compensation claim with their insurance company on your behalf. They won’t know to do this until you let them know you are injured.

If you reported the accident, but didn’t know you were injured at the time, let your employer know as soon as you discover your injury. Follow up to make sure that a workers’ compensation claim is filed. You are entitled to a copy of the workers’ compensation claim filed by your employer.

Consult a Workers’ Compensation Attorney

Prior to filing a claim, it’s best to consult with an attorney who has experience handling workers’ compensation claims. An initial consultation is free and can help you determine what benefits you might be entitled to receive.  If you are injured at work call the Law Offices of Gregg Williams to speak to one of our workers compensation attorneys today.