One of the most frequent question my clients have is, “Do I have to pay taxes on money I was awarded in a personal injury lawsuit?” Yes, but with a caveat. Money awarded in a personal injury lawsuit for compensatory damages such as pain and suffering, disability, impairment, and loss of enjoyability of life are not taxable. However, the caveat is that money awarded for economic damages-such as wage loss or loss of business opportunity-are taxable, because economic damages are income related losses.
- We Understand Accident Victims Need to be Compensated for their Injuries Fully and Fast!
- Gregg Williams Accident News: Two Middlesex County Men Killed in Single Car Accident in Manalapan
- Gregg Williams Accident News: One Car Accident in Franklin Township Results in Serious Injuries:
- How to Choose the Best Attorney Near You in Central Jersey!
- The Best Truck Accident Lawyers Near You!