The first reaction people have when they are involved in a motor vehicle or fall down accident is almost always masked with a rush of adrenaline. When an accident first occurs, initial feelings of being disoriented and perhaps even frenzied are common. It is important, however, to try to keep your wits intact and to take the following steps.
1. Safety First! The first priority for you and your family after an accident is to make sure you are in a safe place. If you are remaining inside your vehicle, make sure there is no smoke or suspicious fumes coming from your automobile. Also, make sure you are in a safe place on the roadway or highway.
2. Always take photographs. In a motor vehicle accident, take photographs of property damage and the scene of the accident.
3. Report it. Call the police in case of a motor vehicle accident or give your statement to a store manager if you fall down inside a store. Make sure that you get the police report or incident report.
4. Always report your motor vehicle accident to your insurance.
5. Go to the Emergency Room! Due to that adrenaline rush, many people do not feel or recognize the pain in the moment, but quite often injuries resurface later on, sometimes even that same evening!
6. Do not ignore any pain that you are feeling. Follow up with your doctor and get into treatment right away!
7. Never admit fault.
8. Contact one of our car accident specialist attorneys at 732-514-6635 and receive a free case evaluation as you may be entitled to money damages for time lost from work, medical expenses, and your injuries.